Tuesday – Saturday | 8:30a.m. – 4:00p.m.
Tuesday – Friday | 8:30a.m. – 1:30p.m.
Admission requirements are as follows:
- Must be a citizen of the United States; we do not admit students from other countries without legal citizenship
- All applicants must be at least 16 years of age or older and have proof of age with a current valid state issued identification card or certified copy of their birth certificate
- Applicants must have a Social Security card for the school to copy
- Applicants must have a high school diploma, a GED certificate, or a high school transcript or its equivalency. We do not accept ability-to-benefit students.
- Applicants must take and pass the Milady Entrance Exam with a grade of 75% or better before enrolling. The test is administered by staff.
- Prospective ESL students must have the ability to read and write English at the level of a graduate of an American high school as demonstrated by possession of a high school diploma or GED or successful completion of the California high school proficiency exam (CHSPE) California Education Code §48412 (a). We do not offer English-as-a-second language programs (ESL). This institution does not offer bilingual instruction nor provides interpreters for those that do not understand English.
- No person shall be denied admission, graduation or any other rights and privileges due to sex, race, age, color, ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
All students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to remain enrolled in their course of study SAP requires that you:
• Maintain minimum attendance standards as defined in the course catalog
• Maintain minimum 75% “C” or higher grade average on all tests,
assignments and required operations
Students who cannot maintain SAP will be dropped from their course if performance does not improve
Uniforms & Dress Code
All students are expected and required to maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times. A school smock or apron is provided in all student kits. Our Dress code consists of solid black slacks, solid black shoes, a Hoss Lee Academy approved top and the Hoss Lee Academy smock or apron that is provided in the kits. Please consult the school catalog for complete details regarding the school dress code.
For more information
All prospective students are welcome to come in to tour our facilities and meet with our staff. Please call (916) 726-5577 Tuesday through Saturday, to schedule an appointment with our Admissions Coordinator.
Thank you for your interest in Hoss Lee Academy.